The Journal of Advanced Technological Education is accepting submissions.
Editor in Chief: Dr. Peter D. Kazarinoff
The Journal of Advanced Technological Education (J ATE) is a peer-reviewed technical journal produced by the ATE community. J ATE is a platform for educators who are interested in teaching advanced technologies and technician education. This includes 2-year community college faculty, undergraduate researchers, STEM educators in grades K-12, university faculty, as well as industry personnel.
Topics that are covered:
- Articles and short communication on many topics relevant to teaching and learning advanced technologies at all levels, including innovative pedagogical methods and related education research.
- Articles that demonstrate new educational activities, lab experiments, instructional methods and pedagogies that can be adopted in community college curriculum especially in technician training programs.
- Provide a resource for articles and related information as a resource to those in the field of advanced technological education, and to those institutes who serve them.
Latest Issue and Articles
Enhanced Podcasts as Content Acquisition Tools
Introduction The future workplace will require technicians who can navigate complex environments in which existing jobs are constantly evolving and new jobs are being created. Likewise, educators are faced with […]
A Data-Driven Flight Proficiency Benchmark for Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems Curriculum at Two-Year Institutions of Higher Education
Introduction Unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), commonly referred to as drones, are used in many applications. UAV refers to the drone or the aircraft itself. An unmanned aircraft system (UAS) is […]
Cell Modeling in Jupyter Notebook using CompuCell3D
1. Introduction Computational biological modeling enables scientists to quantitatively describe complex biological systems, test existing biological knowledge and generate new biological hypotheses. Cell-based computational biological modeling describes biological systems on […]
Design and Development of Mixed Reality (MR) Laboratory Tools to Improve Spatial Cognition, Student Engagement, and Employee Safety
Introduction VR has recently developed as a prevalent technique adopted in numerous fields of scientific experiments. The thriving concept of simulating an interaction environment broadens the researchers’ competence to design […]
Assessment of the Effectiveness of using Drones for Smart Manufacturing Education
1. Introduction n the past 15 years, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), more commonly known as drones, have grown from radio frequency (RF)-based drones that cannot go out of visible range […]
Overview of ABET Accreditation from the Perspective of Two-Year Programs
Introduction Accreditation is a quality review term used in higher education to analyze and endorse the colleges, universities, and programs in terms of their quality assurance and continuous improvement. The […]
Letter from the Editor
Dear Technician Education Community: Welcome to the Journal of Advanced Technological Education! Or, as we like to call it, J ATE. On behalf of our Editors, we are pleased to […]
Invited Letter: Welcome to the Journal of Advanced Technological Education
Welcome to the Journal of Advanced Technological Education! As the Lead Program Director of the National Science Foundation’s Advanced Technological Education Program (ATE), I am pleased to introduce the Journal […]
Workforce Development Strategies in Additive Manufacturing
1. Introduction The products fabricated using AM technologies are usually geometrically complex with superior properties such as lighter weight and higher strength. It is clear that the trend will continue […]
Strategies to Increase Awareness, Recruitment, and Success in Community College Advanced Technical Education Programs
1. Introduction It is expected that 3.4 million skilled technical jobs will need to be filled by 2022 . Many of these jobs are filled through community college technical workforce […]
The mission of The Journal of Advanced Technological Education is to publish high-quality, peer-reviewed papers on state-of-the-art research in Advanced Technology Education.