The Micro Nano Technology Education Center was founded on the idea that working together to accomplish a greater goal will enhance the quality of education for our students who then become higher quality technicians for our industry.
The overarching goal of The Micro Nano Technology Education Center (MNT-EC) is to:
Grow the MNT technician workforce by fostering academic and industry mentorship between existing MNT partners and educators developing prospective community college MNT programs.
MNT-EC is working on the following objectives to achieve this goal:
- Developing a coordinated national approach to advance MNT education. This objective is being accomplished by:
- Strengthening and fostering creation of new MNT programs across the United States.
- Developing a single curated online repository and distance education opportunities.
- Engaging industry to identify educational needs in technical education.
- Delivering professional development to enhance knowledge, skills, and abilities. This objective is being accomplished by:
- Facilitating workshops and professional conferences on emerging MNT technologies.
- Delivering hands-on laboratory education.
- Producing industry and education podcasts.
- Conducting strategic outreach, recruitment and retention of traditional and underrepresented faculty/students. This objective is being accomplished by:
- Coordinating effort to recruit African American, Latin/x, and women faculty and students.
- Providing support and outreach to active-duty military and veterans.
- Communicating MNT career benefits to increase awareness among students and parents.
- Creating deep Industry/Education Alliance that supports student success. This objective is being accomplished by:
- Providing work-based learning opportunities to students through industry connections.
- Creating internships and employment database.
- Organizing a national Business and Industry Leadership Team (BILT).
- Defining and correlating student outcomes with industry skill requirements.