- This event has passed.
MNTeSIG LIVE! 2021 Virtual Confernece
July 19 @ 12:00 pm - 3:30 pm EDT
One event on July 20, 2021 at 12:00 pm
The Micro Nano Technology Education Special Interest Group is proud to bring you the MNTeSIG LIVE! 2021 Virtual Confernece
OUR MISSION: Foster collaboration between educators at all LEVELS, INDUSTRY, and AGENCIES for relentless improvement of the micro and nanotechnology workforce.
We are currently taking submissions for papers, posters, abstracts, and presentations!
- Micro and Nanotechnology and related topics will be considered as well as strategies on how to best teach these effectively at the undergraduate (2-4yr) level.
- Your MNT students are also encouraged to submit a poster abstract highlighting projects, and undergraduate research experiences. The target audience for this conference is post-secondary educators and students.
- You can submit an abstract for a Presentation, Poster, and/or Paper for publications in the soon to be released Journal of Micro Nano Technician Education (JMTEd). In other words, you can do a poster and submit a paper or submit a presentation and a poster, or all three or just one!
- All accepted submissions will require a 2-5min Lightening Round style video giving the highlights of your talk/paper/poster due one month prior to the conference. These will be shown during the lightening round sessions at the conference.
- Papers will be posted on the MNTeSIG Website and reviewed/considered for publication in JMTEd. Papers are due at least two weeks before the conference. Journal review will be done after the conference.
- Posters will be displayed in the virtual poster networking session and posted on the MNTeSIG website. You will be able to interact with conference participants in a virtual space – training will be provided prior to the conference. Student Posters accepted will receive an Oculus II to enhance the virtual experience.
- Feel free to submit multiple abstracts for different topics, lead author can submit for multiple authors.
- As lead author, you will be notified as to whether or not your abstract is accepted and will then be required to submit additional details at that time (co-authors, short bio and head shot, etc.)
- Link to submit a 250 word abstract, with title: MNTeSIG Live! 2021 Abstract
- Long presentations (30-50min) are to be pre-recorded and will be put on the conference YouTube channel.Presentation videos will be due at least two weeks before the conference.
- MNTeSIG team members can assist you in the creation of the presentation video.
For questions – feel free to contact Matthias Pleil at firstname.lastname@example.org