- This event has passed.
MNT-EC Workshop: Introduction to Raspberry PI
July 12 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm EDT
One event on July 13, 2021 at 9:00 am
Abe Michelen, SUNY Polytechnic Institute, New York
The “Raspberry Pi” is a very small computer that was developed to teach people how to program. Not only the Raspberry Pi (RPi) is a great tool for learning programming skills, but there are also dozens of cross-curricular applications in the areas of science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics (STEAM).
Note: A Raspberry PI board and a set of components will be distributed to the participants to be used in classes for hands-on activities. Please email Billie Copley – email@example.com with your mailing address, US residents only. There will be a max of 15 participants for this session.
Basics General content you will learn in this workshop:
- How to install the PI, and learn about the inner working of the Raspberry Pi system?
- How to program with Python? The best way to program the RPi is with Python. We will spend some time to introduce the attendees to the basic Python language.
- Use the General Purpose Input-Output pins (GPIO) to interface with other hardware / sensors / electronics devices.
- Some sensors used:
- Temperature and humidity sensors.
- LCD displays
- Some projects:
- VNC for the Raspberry PI (remote access)
- RPi Oscilloscope
- Kodi on the Raspberry PI (home theater) – if time permits
- Motion Sensor with the PI – if times permits