- This event has passed.
SEMI Certification Model – MNT-EC partners
May 24 @ 9:00 am - 1:30 pm PDT
This one-day workshop will introduce the specific Certification Model developed by SEMI-Cert and NEATEC for technician education programs (A.A.S, A.O.S., BS) – Intended for Community College or four-year colleges with technical programs that are willing to determine if SEMI Certification is appropriate to their programs.
Instructor: Abe Michelen
Purpose: Expand the reach and impact of the SEMI-Cert Center to regions in the U.S outside New York State in support of proposed MNT-EC Center.
This one-day workshop will introduce the specific Certification Model developed by SEMI-Cert and NEATEC for technician education programs (A.A.S, A.O.S., BS)
- General Intro and Overview: 9:00am-10:30 PST
- Invite Hands-on Session: 12:00pm-1:30pm PST
SEMI / NEATEC Process
The SEMI / NEATEC Certification Process profiles courses and programs to determine alignment with industry requirements. These educational competencies are compared to the SEMI/NEATEC Unified Competency Model (UCM), which is maintained by industry through a SEMI facilitated process. Once a course or a program is profiled, the course and/or program data are added to the SEMI Works™Portal. The SEMI Works™ Portal uses the data to match those seeking training to providers.
- Review partner technician education programs to check if these programs align with the Proficiency-driven Academic Alignment Program (AAP) developed by SEMI-Cert.
- Greater alignment between courses and industry requirements.
- The ability to match courses to those seeking training.
- Improved marketing and increased awareness of aligned courses by individuals and employers.